Sunday, June 12, 2011

June 12th

So, today I had my first official weigh-in, or WI, which I was very excited about. Turns out, I lost 4.0 lbs in the last week, and let me tell you, I was SO excited! :) I know that is probably water weight, and that losses like that don't happen too often, but starting off with one like that was absolutely great, and definitely motivates me to keep working at it, because results do come :)

Breakfast: I had a multi-grain english muffin with 2 pieces of canadian bacon and 1/4 cup of egg beaters, scrambled with a little bit of spices. I had this with my usual 1 cup of coffee with 1/4 cup skim milk and 2 splendas. This breakfast sandwich was SO easy to make and SO fast and I can't wait to pick up some more english muffins next week and make more :)

Lunch: My family and I went to a local bagel shop/deli for lunch, and I briefly checked the menu before going, and figured I'd have to eat eggs, again. I wasn't too thrilled about that, but I checked the menu when we got there and found a sandwich that could be good. It was a grilled chicken sandwich with monterey jack cheese and honey mustard. I ordered it with the sauce on the side, and took most of the cheese off and gave it to my brother. Then, I put the tomatoes and onions on the chicken, got rid of the lettuce, top bun, and 1/2 of the bottom bun, and put some dijon mustard on it and ate happily. I also had a small bowl of fruit with it. Very good and it got me very full fast :)

Snack: I met up with a friend at Starbucks and decided to have a tall unsweetened Green Tea, putting 2 Splendas in it myself. I'm trying to reduce the amount of caffeine I have each day, but I figured this would be better than coffee :) I also ate 1 serving of Special K Multi-Grain Crackers.

Dinner: So, I had been planning to go out to dinner with some different friends at a mall food court, and took the time to figure out what I could eat there without messing up. Finally, I decided on Subway. However, turns out, we didn't eat there, so around 7:30, on my drive home, I ate the apple slices I had packed for a snack (about 1 small-medium apple), and then when I got home, I ate the rest of my lunch from yesterday. It sure filled me up :)

Pros: I was happy that I had such a positive weight loss this week, and that I was able to control myself in restaurants/in public. It would be so easy for me to eat whatever I want, but that doesn't make me feel good about myself, so I'm glad I'm changing everything.

Cons: I really wanted to put in some sort of exercise today, but unfortunately the gym was closed and I didn't have time to get on the bike and walk around the neighborhood. Instead, when I was cleaning, I made sure to listen to music and dance around while doing so and constantly move, going up and down, vacuuming everywhere and whatnot.

Hopefully tomorrow keeps me on this same healthy track :)

No comments:

Post a Comment