Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 15th

So, today could have definitely gone better than expected, but it also could have gone worse than expected.

Breakfast: I had my 1 cup of Cheerios (thought 3/4 cup was the serving size) and 1/2 cup of skim milk with 1 cup of pumpkin spice coffee and 1/4 cup skim milk and 2 splendas. I was really full after this and was happy about that.

Snack: I ate an Activa Vanilla & Cereal yogurt, which, as always, is SO good. I love it and the fact it has fiber in it makes me feel good :)

Lunch: We suddenly changed our plans so that we were going to the movies with three other people, and everyone, but me, wanted to go to Jersey Mike's for lunch beforehand. I had never been, but figured I'd go along anyways-after all, it couldn't be that bad, could it? I stuck with the Grilled Veggie wrap for lunch, after seeing the huge pieces of meat they were shaving pieces off of and felt sick to my stomach. But the wrap had grilled peppers and onions, provolone, lettuce, tomato, and some homestyle ranch on a tomato basil tortilla. Not bad you think, right? I finally got my phone to load up the nutrition, after eating it, and realized that I just ate 910 calories. I felt sick to my stomach, not believing I had just eaten THAT much.

Snack/Dinner: After thinking about it a lot, I decided that it'd be better for me to skip snack because I was still full and dinner because I wanted to even out the calories for today a little better.

Exercise: I went to the gym before work today and burned about 200 calories in 25 minutes on the exercise bike, so that was really good for me. Can't wait to work out for even longer tomorrow!

Pros: I like how I didn't give up after eating so many calories, but instead tried to fix my mistakes. Yes, my fixing may not be approved by everyone, but it made me feel better, so I'll stick with it. I also like how I exercised even though I was exhausted and wanted to sleep longer.

Cons: The Guilt. It sounds really bad but I felt so guilty after eating that wrap, especially after knowing the calories it contained. I need to learn that mistakes, while they set you back, are not the end of the world, and that changing up plans for the rest of the day to accommodate for a mistake is a good idea.

Hopefully tomorrow goes a LOT better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment