Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28th

So, today was pretty good-not as awesome as yesterday's fabulous day, but pretty good :)

Breakfast: I had 1 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk and 1 cup of Extra Bold Coffee with 1/4 cup skim milk and 2 splendas. I've been trying to find the light caffeine coffees, but they also don't keep me motivated to keep drinking, but this one did :)

Snack: I had an Activa Vanilla & Cereal yogurt. I'm getting bored with this one, so I'll be sure to pack a Strawberries & Cereal one tomorrow for snack :)

Lunch: I pulled out the lettuce I had ready for lunch and realized that it didn't smell right, so I erred on the side of caution and threw it out. So I had a turkey burger with mustard and 1/4 cucumber, sliced, drizzled with some light Italian dressing-great idea! :)

Snack: I had my 24 Special K Multi-Grain crackers with 1 Laughing Cow Queso Fresco & Chipotle wedge. It was pretty good, but I'm only a fan of the Garlic & Herb and the French Onion wedges. I'm planning to get the Creamy Swiss in a couple of weeks when I'm out of all the others.

Dinner: I actually had dinner tonight! This shouldn't be exciting but it is-haha :) I had 1/2 of a Trader Joe's Butter Chicken, which is one of my FAVORITE indian dishes. I know it's not good for you, but when 1/2 the container of chicken and rice is 205 calories, and it's Trader Joe's, how can you go wrong? :) It was SO good and reminded me of the food at this place called Mehran's in DC. One of my guy friends loved the place, and so he took me there last semester, and I fell in love, so we went there quite often. If you haven't heard about it, it's this Indian restaurant-you can choose to get the buffet, or go with the menu (we always go to the buffet), but they have AMAZING tandoori chicken, and some lentil mixture which is great, and of course, the Naan. I'm a sucker for some good Indian food, if you didn't notice :)

Snack: I had a Luna Bar-Nuts over Chocolate, which was really good. It wasn't my favorite, but I will definitely get it again :)

Exercise: I went to the gym for an hour, and definitely burned off quite a few calories :) I got on the treadmill, and in 10 minutes, burned 136 calories and went .79 miles. Pretty good for alternating running and walking super slow :) Then I did a bunch of the machines and whatnot, and was able to push myself to handle more weight on some of the machines-yay! Then I got on the elliptical for 20 minutes and burned 253 calories and I don't remember how many miles I went, but it was a good amount :)

Pros: I'm glad I got my exercise in, even though I wasn't able to get in some time at the tennis courts tonight. I'm also happy that I looked in the refrigerator where all my food is, saw the 4 Arnold Palmers I bought a week ago, and didn't feel an urge to drink one. I feel like the sugar craving that I thought would never go away is finally going away! HECK YES :)

Cons: I don't feel like I needed that Luna Bar after dinner, and could have done without it.

Tomorrow's going to be SUPER busy (I'm waking up at 6AM to exercise, then go right to nannying, then go right to babysitting, and getting home around 12). Hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow, but if not, I'll definitely post for Wednesday when I'm back/alive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment