Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16th

So, today went a LOT better than yesterday, at least, I felt like it did.

Breakfast: I had 1 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 skim milk, an Activa Vanilla & Cereal yogurt, and 1 cup of coffee with 1/4 cup skim milk and 2 splendas. I really like this breakfast, because it keeps me full until at least lunch time, with the occasional snack in the middle.

Lunch: I ate 2 Light Hot Dogs with Mustard and 1/4 cup of peas with water. I would have eaten more peas but I wasn't really hungry and so I decided it'd be better to put them away instead of overdoing it.

Snack: I ate my 24 Special K Multi-Grain Crackers with 1 Laughing Cow French Onion Cheese wedge. I really love this snack and I'm liking the two together more and more. I also like this snack because it really fills me up.

Dinner: I ate 3/4-1 cup (not sure about amount) of the Trader Joe's Mushroom Ravioli with 3 large strawberries and water. I'm trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my eating instead of just plain foods and lots of fiber.

Snack: Because I went to the gym at night, I rewarded myself with a Luna Smores Bar. I only allow myself to have a Luna bar after I go to the gym at night, and if i've eaten well all day, and it was well worth it.

Exercise: I went to the gym and got on the elliptical and ran 3.1 miles in 35 minutes, burning over 400 calories. I really like the elliptical and how friendly people are at the gym, making me want to go more. It's a really nice support system and even though I don't always feel super motivated to go, when I do, I'm glad I went.

Pros: I'm SO glad I went to work out, and that I didn't go for a more calorie-filled meal that everyone else was eating tonight (Chicken Parmesan with breaded cutlets and all). I will admit that part of me wanted a bite, but I had the self-restraint and didn't. I also realized that my little mistake yesterday didn't stop me from losing weight-it's not an official weight, but I lost 1.4 pounds as of this morning from Tuesday afternoon. yay!

Cons: I wish I drank more water throughout the day, but I didn't drink anything else instead, so that's not so bad. I think it's because I want to drink 12 cups a day, and today, so far, I've only had 7, which is still good, but yeah. Oh well, I can try harder tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment