Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13th

So, I feel like today was really good, both nutrition and exercise wise. I could have done a little better, but honestly, I love days like today.

Breakfast: I had 3/4 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk, an Activa Vanilla & Cereal yogurt, and 1 cup of coffee with 1/4 skim milk and 2 splendas. Even though I was in a hurry, I made sure to eat breakfast, and this filled me up until snack a few hours later, which I was pleased about :)

Snack: I had 24 Special K Multi-Grain crackers (1 serving) with 1 Laughing Cow French Onion Cheese wedge. It was really good. I do like the Queso Fresco & Chipotle better with the crackers, but they're all good :)

Lunch: I heated up a bowl of my organic Potato Leek soup and made myself half a Turkey sandwich with whole grain bread, some turkey, a piece of lettuce, and some mustard. I was really full after this, and the meal was fairly low-cal, so I was so pleased.

Snack: I ate my piece of zucchini bread and with the water I was drinking, I was fine and full :)

Dinner: I ate a Chocolate Raspberry Luna Bar for dinner. I went to the gym and wasn't feeling hungry and knew I needed something-plus I hadn't had time to cook the chicken breasts yet so that was out of the question. I've realized I need to put more emphasis on actually eating dinner, which I will work on.

Exercise: I went to the gym and got on the elliptical, and my personal trainer came by and increased the level I was on, which ended up making me sweat a LOT and feel SO good after. I'm definitely going to have to schedule another session with him soon :) But I burned 464 calories, and another 100ish during my warmup, so that's almost 600 calories right there, not counting the weight lifting and machines I was using :)

Pros: I'm really happy that I was able to drink a LOT of water today :) I drank at least 14 glasses, and I feel really good knowing that I did. I also like how I'm fine with just my one cup of coffee/caffeine in the morning, and am fine with water for the rest of the day. I also like how I saw my 2 cans of Pink Lemonade/Sweet Tea in the car and didn't feel the urge to drink one :)

Cons: I really need to work on focusing attention to eating dinner. I know it's not always intentional to substitute a Luna Bar for dinner, but it's not the best way to be healthy, and that's what I'm striving for. So, hopefully I can break that habit before it becomes too ingrained :)

Well, that's all for today. I'm heading to the gym before work tomorrow, so I'm off to bed early :)

No comments:

Post a Comment