Monday, June 6, 2011

June 5th

I'm just going to start off with a few points, just in case anyone comes across this and starts reading.

1. This is why I guess you could call my journey. Not specifically a weight-loss journey, but just a journey in general. It's summer, and there's so many things that I want to do, and this is the perfect time to start working on those.

2. I say I want to post everyday, and every post is for the day before (which is why they're posted by the date that they actually occur). Will I actually post everyday? Probably Not. Would I like to? Yes

3. When I work towards improving my health, I'm not following any particular fad diets or whatnot; what I'm doing is what I've devised that is suitable for me. I know everyday won't be perfect-but I can strive to be the best that I can, for me, not anyone else. I'm also not counting calories, but stating what I'm eating. I feel that while I'm keeping an eye on calories, that's not my main focus, which is currently eating better; just a warning :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, on Saturday Night/Sunday Morning, I devised a plan with everything I planned to eat/exercise throughout the week, by day, and for the food-by meal, and made a shopping list based on that. I had realized it was a lot easier with a sheet that told me what to eat, so I didn't have to ponder and make bad choices.

Breakfast: 1/2 Cup Egg Beaters with 1/4 Cup Sauteed Spinach and 1/4 Tomato, diced up. Had 1 Cup of Coffee with 2 Splendas and 1/4 Cup of Milk with that. Felt very full after that, even though I had wished there was more flavor to the omelet. I'll probably experiment with different herbs and whatnot to see what tastes best in the coming days/weeks.

Lunch: I went to the grocery store around 1 (I spent a lot of time that morning perfecting my plan), and picked up a lot of good food. I'm very excited to see how the rest of the week turns out. So, when I finally ate, I ate at 2:30. I had a grilled chicken breast with some seasoning, and 1 cup of spinach leaves with 1/4 tomato, diced, and 2 tbsp. of Miso dressing, which I love. It was SO good and left me very filled, so I enjoyed that.

Dinner: After lunch, I made some zucchini bread and then headed to a friend's pool, where they had pizza for dinner. After thinking about it, I realized that pizza wasn't a good idea and I didn't eat any, choosing to wait until I got home to eat some of the food I bought. I had wanted to make spinach and mushroom manicotti, but I came home at like 8, and didn't feel like waiting an hour. So I had 3/4 cup of shredded pork with 2 tbsp. barbecue sauce with 1/2 cup Macaroni and Cheese. With that I had my 24 Special K crackers (which were SO good), and a very small taste of flan. I also had a container of Soy Milk-one of the kid size ones.

Exercise: I swam for about an hour in the pool, leisurely. I was planning on doing different exercises but going to the pool messed up my schedule a bit.

Pros: I was happy that I was able to say no to things I craved, such as Starbucks, Pizza, and some chocolate covered strawberries. I'm trying to take some things out completely currently, before incorporating some of them back in. Starbucks isn't too bad because I can make my own coffee at home, and I can make pizza healthier by making it myself, but things like chocolate covered strawberries, I've realized that I don't really need to eat to be happy.

Cons: I wish I could have stuck more to my schedule, but I know I can improve tomorrow, and cook food earlier so I can just heat it up.

Hopefully tomorrow goes just as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment