Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23rd

So, today was better than yesterday, both personally and food/exercise wise-yay :)

Breakfast: I had my usual 1 cup Cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk and a banana, with 1 cup of Hazelnut Coffee with 1/4 cup skim milk and 2 splendas. I love this breakfast because it's easy to eat/take on the go and it's very filling.

Snack: For snack, I had an Activa Strawberry & Cereal yogurt, which, as always, is SO good. I definitely need to pick up some more of those at the grocery store this coming weekend :)

Lunch: So, I was babysitting at someone's house, and didn't have time to pack my lunch, so I figured I'd just find something there. I found 2 pieces of Turkey (40 calories) with some organic mustard and 22 whole wheat crackers from Trader Joe's. This filled me up a LOT and I was quite pleased :)

Snack: When I got home, I had 8 Chicken & Garlic Organic Mini Wontons (120 calories), 2 Special K Multi-Grain crackers, and 1/4 cup skim milk. My goal is to not drink anything but water after my morning coffee, but the wontons were fairly spicy and I needed something to cool my tongue down.

Dinner: My family and I went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. I had looked online and saw the small cravings and wanted the Korean BBQ Beef Tacos, or something like that, because they looked tasty and small and it was a low price, calorie wise. However, when I got there, I couldn't find the small cravings on the menu, and decided to get a 1/2 Original Chopped salad, which is like 478 calories, and only ate half of it :) My parents also got an appetizer (California Club Egg Rolls), which I proudly turned down-yay for an NSV! They also got dessert (Strawberry Shortcake), and knowing that I may be splurging a little tomorrow night at dinner with some friends, I didn't have any of that either.

Exercise: We got home around 9, and I was determined to get some exercise in, even if it was dark and even if the gym was closing. So I did my tennis workout, and a couple extra sprints around 1/2 of 1 tennis court to make up for the 10 I missed the other day. I would have done more but it was really dark and I didn't know who/what was outside haha

Pros: I honestly love how I can go to a restaurant and not worry about splurging and making bad choices. I feel that when I go to these places now, I have an idea of what I'm eating, or what I'm eating later/the next day, and work around that. Like, I'm going to dinner with friends tomorrow at a place that has HUGE portions, and knowing that, I made sure to eat smaller meals today and get a smaller dinner. These choices make me feel good. I also like how I honestly wanted to go exercise, and was determined to do so :)

Cons: I think my only cons are that I probably should have had some fruit or something instead of the crackers/wontons for snack, but they were organic so I don't mind too much.

Hopefully tomorrow's great as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment