Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 6th

So, yesterday was actually really good. I was proud of myself for almost everything I did :)

Breakfast: I had an English Muffin with a Laughing Cow 'Queso Fresco & Chipotle' Cheese Wedge and an Activia Vanilla & Cereal Yogurt. I wasn't a big fan of the Laughing Cow on the English Muffin and will have to remember that for next week's meal plan, but I enjoy both separately. Pretty strange, but it's how I do :) I accidentally left my coffee at home, so I picked that up around 11.

Snack: I had four strawberries with the little girl I nanny, and then we stopped by my house to get my bottled Hazelnut Latte (I got it last week at the grocery store and needed to get it out of the house).

Lunch: We went to the Bowling Alley and I was proud of myself for not getting a coke and/or food, because I knew that I wanted to lose weight/get in shape. So, I ate my zucchini bread slice and drank my latte until we got back to the house. Then, I made a sandwich with turkey, whole honey wheat bread, shredded lettuce, and mustard. It was quite filling.

Snack: I ate my cottage cheese container for snack, which apparently is good for your digestive tract, so I feel like I'm clearing out my system while I'm making all these changes, and that idea makes me happy.

Dinner: So, I'll be the first to admit it, my dinner was not the best choice. I ate a Luna Smores Bar. I know what you're thinking-either A) Why the heck did she only eat that? or B) She's trying to get healthy and is trying to starve herself? I promise I'm not trying to starve myself (it would never work anyways) and I'll explain my reasons in the exercise section.

Exercise: I bowled two games with the girl I nanny and then swam (raced her) for about 30 minutes. Also, because I re-joined the gym last week (I join during the summer months because I'm not around at any other time), I got a free personal trainer appointment, and scheduled it from 5-6. I usually get off work at 4:30, but today I got off at 4, so I was able to run home, hang out for a bit, and then head over to the gym, where I worked with weights for a good hour, and then got on the elliptical for 35 minutes. When I was done working out, I felt exhausted and sweaty, but those were my indications of a productive workout. So when I finished, around 6:45, I really didn't feel like eating anything, so I just had the bar.

Pros: I really liked how I didn't eat anything that wasn't good for me, and was pushed to my limits at the gym. I also liked how instead of panicking that I left my coffee at home and going to Starbucks or grabbing a coke (I have a caffeine addiction and have to have caffeine every morning), I just went home later and picked up my coffee. I also liked how I did a lot of various exercises and was still energized.

Cons: I wish I had pushed myself to have a better dinner, because while the Luna bar filled me up, I feel that I could have had a salad or something instead.

We'll see what tomorrow brings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment