Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 7th

So, I've been extremely pleased with how I've been doing thus far. I've heard the saying that it takes 21 days to make/change a habit, and I can honestly hope that the next 2 1/2 weeks go as well as the last couple days have been.

Breakfast: I got up a little earlier this morning and packed all my breakfast/lunch/snacks into a lunch bag and brought it with me when I babysat. I have had the same thing almost every day for breakfast, just because it tastes pretty good and hits the spot. So once again, I had a multigrain english muffin with a Laughing Cow 'Queso Fresco & Chipotle' Cheese wedge, an Activa Vanilla & Cereal yogurt, and my cup of coffee with 1/4 cup skim milk and 2 splendas.

Snack: I had my serving of the Special K Multi-grain crackers with the rest of my Laughing Cow cheese from breakfast and a boxed Silk Chocolate Soy Milk, which kept me full until lunch.

Lunch: I had half of the salad I bought the night before at Zaxby's, which didn't have the bacon and croutons that come with it on top. It was about 1 cup of lettuce, some grilled chicken pieces, and some parmesan cheese with 2 tbsp. Miso dressing. I also ate my piece of zucchini bread with this.

Snack: I had my container of cottage cheese.

Dinner: When I got home from the gym, I was too tired to make anything really, so I pulled out a grilled chicken breast and some of the squash that I cooked the other night and heated that up, and it was really good. I wish I could have spent more time on it, but it hit the spot and was exactly what I was looking for.

Snack: I ate my Cookies and Cream Luna Bar after my workout, which I liked, but it wasn't my favorite flavor. I'm in the process of trying them all out, and they're very good and filling.

Exercise: I headed to the gym today after getting off work a little late, and was ready to get going. I did my warmup on the elliptical for 10 minutes, and then I got on the machines for about 35-40 minutes, and the headed to the treadmill and walked briskly for 35 minutes. After about 1.5-2 hours, I was done, and so I headed home.

Pros: I really like how good I've been with sticking to good foods. I know it's really hard, but I've been able to choose those foods, or say no to others,without any problem. I also found it really productive when I put my phone in my locker when I work out, after shutting it off. I used to depend on it as a clock, but with the watch I bought in March, I now look forward to getting away from my phone while I'm in the gym and not letting anyone distract me.

Cons: I felt that I could have done more at the gym, even with the lactic acid that I'm currently feeling in my knee. I also need to find a way to record my calories/distance/time when i'm working out. It's a little difficult to memorize all the numbers and then run to my phone and put them on my notepad when I get back to the locker room.

Overall, I felt really good about my day, and I have no regrets, so let's hope that I can continue all these good patterns :)

No comments:

Post a Comment