Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 8th

So, it's day 4, and I'm pleased to say that I'm still doing great! :)

I've discovered that it's a LOT easier to wake up 5-10 minutes earlier and pack all the food for breakfast/lunch/snacks and take it with me when I go work.

Breakfast: I've stuck with my usual: 1 English Muffin with 1/2 Laughing Cow 'Queso Fresco & Chipotle' Cheese Wedge, Activa Vanilla & Cereal Yogurt, and a cup of coffee with 1/4 skim milk and 2 splendas. I think, for next week's list, I'm going to get rid of the English Muffins and replace with something else, because I really don't enjoy them as much as I should for breakfast.

Snack: I ate my Special K Multi-Grain Crackers with the rest of my laughing cow cheese. I really like these crackers and will definitely put them on my shopping list every week. They also pair really nicely with the cheese, so I may just combine the cheese with the crackers on some days.

Lunch: I ate the other half of my Zaxby's Salad: 1 cup lettuce, diced up chicken breast, some parmesan cheese, and 2 tbsp Miso dressing. I also had my piece of zucchini bread with it. I really like the Miso dressing, and while I'm trying to phase all the dressings and dippings out, that and the laughing cow cheese may be the only ones that get to stay, because they're that good :)

Snack: I had a cottage cheese container, which was very filling, as always.

Dinner: I cooked the bag of peas and carrots that were in the freezer, so I could just grab some and go on future days. I also cooked the packet of Trader Joe's (Giotto's) Mushroom Ravioli, and had a serving of that with 2/3 cup of peas and carrots, for a very filling dinner. I really liked how everything was so easy to cook and it looked somewhat classy.

Exercise: I went to the gym and got on the elliptical for my first 10 minutes, then went to do some weights, and then got on the elliptical for 35 minutes, while listening to The Script. I'm recording the time, calories, and distance on my phone when I get into the locker room each day, and it's really cool to compare how I did each day, and how I'm improving. A little bit goes a long way :)

Pros: I really liked how I stayed on schedule, and haven't found any temptations today.

Cons: I need to work on minimizing my uses of salt and pepper, since I used a little bit on my vegetables.

Overall, however, it was a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment