Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11th

So, today was a pretty freaking awesome day :) I had SO much fun today, especially at the gym, which sounds crazy, but I'm happy about it :)

Breakfast: I had my usual-1 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk, a banana, and 1 cup of coffee with 1/4 cup skim milk and 2 splendas. This definitely filled me up until lunch, which was good :)

Lunch: I'm so excited to tell you about my lunch! I got to use the salad spinner, which I've never used before, and it was so much fun. I had 2 cups of Arugula with 1 piece of grilled chicken breast, sliced and diced, with 4 tbsp. Green Mountain Gringo Mild Salsa (the BEST stuff ever, in case you were wondering!), and a 100-calorie pack of cheese, shredded on top. Verdict: ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I absolutely loved the combination, and it filled me up all day! I'll definitely have to buy TONS of this salsa before heading back to college! :)

Snack: Before going to the gym, I had a Babybel Cheese, which kept me filled until I left. I stopped by the front desk for about 25 minutes to talk to them (not intentional), and when I left, I knew I needed something if I was going to make it another 2 hours to dinner. So I had a Luna Bar-Chocolate Raspberry, that I had packed just in case I was hungry. Hooray for packing snacks! :)

Dinner: I had 12 Special K Multi-Grain Crackers, 2 tbsp of Trader Joe's Tomato & Basil Hummus dip, 1 grilled chicken breast, 3/4 cup of Trader Joe's seasonal vegetable mix (it's fresh), and 10 apple slices. SO GOOD! I wasn't entirely a fan of the veggies (they had celery in there, which I really don't like), so I'm going to have to do something other than a quick steam next time I cook them :)

Dessert: My parents' anniversary was yesterday, so we had a cake tonight (they were too full after dinner last night). I had 1 small piece of Coldstone's Coffeehouse Crunch cake, and that was all I really needed. I'm quite happy I could easily limit myself :)

Exercise: I went to the gym and definitely was productive with my time :) I got on the Elliptical for 35 minutes and burned 464 calories on level 11, going 3.33 miles-better than the other day! Then I did some quick stretching and some weight exercises, machines, and other exercises, before changing and heading to the front desk. I upgraded to a VIP membership (which includes free classes!), mainly so I can freeze my membership when I go back to school, and unfreeze it whenever I'm home. I also scheduled my free consultation with my trainer, which I'm excited about, because he saw me about a month ago, when I was just starting out :) Hopefully my lack of calories doesn't mean that I haven't gained muscle!

Pros: I'm glad I drank a LOT of water today, and wasn't constantly thinking about food. I'm also glad I got a KILLER workout in today :) I love sweating a LOT, because it makes me feel good :) I'm also happy I was able to hang out with my dad for a bit tonight. We watched the Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition, or whatever it was called, and it freaked me out. The guy had a food addiction, and was 490 pounds, and I'm just thankful that I have control over what I eat and that I never got to that point.

Cons: I wish I had packed some more snacks for on the run adventures. Since I have a couple days off, I'm going to bag some apples and carrots, and work on eating veggies while I'm on the run :)

Hoping for a great training session tomorrow, and a great tomorrow overall! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment