Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5th

So, I almost forgot to post tonight, which would have been horrible! Well, not HORRIBLE, but you know what I mean :) I've actually spent most of the night, post-workout, skyping with the guy friend that I mentioned earlier, which has been SO much fun :) However, onto another subject, I'll start by saying that I could have eaten better today, and I was thrown off schedule, but I worked with what I had :)

Breakfast: I had 1 cup of Joe-O's (Trader Joe's version of Cheerios) with 1 banana and 1/2 cup skim milk with 1 cup of Breakfast Blend coffee and 1/4 cup skim milk and 2 splendas :) I'm really not a fan of the Joe-O's, so I think I may just have yogurt and a banana or something, since I don't want to waste my calories on something I don't like.

Lunch: We went to Frontera, and I looked the restaurant up on My Fitness Pal, and all it had were the soups, some pizzas, and the salsas. So, I got a soup-Original Tortilla and the taco thing, without cheese or sour cream, and didn't eat the shell, and had 3 chips with some salsa. I wasn't a fan of this meal, and I don't think I'd want to go back to Frontera. It just wasn't worth it to me.

Snacks: oh boy! I had a LOT of snacks today. I don't know what it is, but there's at least one meal every day that I seem to just make snacks for instead of a legit meal. Around 2:30 I had 24 Special K Multi-Grain Crackers with 1 Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb Cheese. Around 4, I had a Luna Bar-Chocolate Dipped Coconut (my FAVORITE!). Then, around 8:30 or so, I had 10 Apple Slices and 1 Activa Vanilla & Cereal yogurt, which filled me up until now :) I'm not sure if it's because my guy friend keeps bringing up being hungry and food or what, but my stomach is growling. But I'm going to sleep soon, so I can't eat anything now.

Exercise: I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of strength training-different machines and stretches and whatnot. I didn't want to get on the elliptical because I tend to get REALLY tired after, and I wasn't planning to have a break between the gym and my courts workout. When I got the courts, I did my usual alternating 30 laps around the courts, which felt SO good :) I know I'm SUPER slow, but I really like running, and being outside is so nice :)

Pros: I'm glad I got my exercise in, and drank a LOT of water today. I'm also glad I got to talk to my guy friend, because I got used to talking to him ALL the time, and then Summer came around and we haven't been as close. But talking to him tonight and all our plans means that we're both making an effort, and I'm happy about that :)

Cons: I really need to stop eating things unless I absolutely want them, and today was a great indicator of that. I felt like I enjoyed most of the things, but not all of them, and I feel like I'm wasting calories on the stuff that I'm not the biggest fan of.

But, all in all, today was pretty good and I hope tomorrow's even better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment