Friday, July 15, 2011

July 13th

So, today was pretty fabulous! :)

I had a dentist appointment that didn't go as well as I hoped (but then again, last week's appointment didn't either, so I'm not going in with any hopes for these next two)

Breakfast: I took my brother to school, and on the way back, I stopped at Starbucks to get drinks for my mom and I. I got a Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte, which was SO good! I'm trying to limit myself to Starbucks and special drinks, because they just don't taste as good when you drink them all the time. I also had 1 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk, which filled me up for quite a bit.

Lunch: I had 1/2 cup of Kroger Egg Beaters, with 1/4 chicken breast, a 100 calorie pack of cheese bites, and some spices, and made the BEST omelet ever! I topped it with 2 tbsp of Mild Salsa, which I LOVE and I had 10 Apple Slices with it. I'm definitely going to have to eat this more often! :)

Snacks: For 1 snack, I had 2 tbsp of Trader Joe's Organic Hummus (which is AH-MAZING! Highly Recommended!) with 24 Special K Multi-Grain Crackers, and then later, 12 of the Trader Joe's mini cookies. I loved both snacks, but I'm going to have to limit the cookies, since I think I'm eating too much sugar daily. Oh well, it's worth it :)

Dinner: My dad sauteed some leeks in a little bit of olive oil, with lemon juice, capers, and a touch of parm. cheese. SO GOOD! But it's not in the myfitnesspal system, so I considered it leek soup. I only had about 1/2 a cup, and it was so worth it :) I also had 1/4 cup of Ragu's Special Garden Pasta sauce with 1 oz of Whole Wheat spaghetti, which filled me up. I don't usually eat what the rest of the family was eating, but I made an exception :)

Exercise: I was feeling SUPER sore with all the lactic acid, but I knew I needed to get to the gym, so I did 25 minutes of strength training (and sweated more than I ever have during strength training), and 10 minutes on the treadmill, burning 132 calories-yay! :)

Pros: I'm glad I went to the gym today, and that I didn't go overboard on calories today :) I'm also glad that I drank 13 glasses of water today! According to my weight, I SHOULD be drinking around 16 cups a day, but if I can get into double digits, it's good :)

Cons: I really need to start going back towards the organic foods-Saturday's Trader Joe's trip should be interesting :) I feel like I'm going back towards what I always eat, and while that's good, that's what got me this way.

All in all, it was a great day and I can't wait for the next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment