Friday, July 15, 2011

July 14th

So, today went pretty well, seeing how I was babysitting all day, and barely snuck in some gym time :) I really need to plan that out better. I'm only going to the gym for like 30 minutes, so hopefully this weekend, I can catch up and get a LOT of working out in :)

Breakfast: I had 1 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 banana, and 1 cup of coffee with 1/4 cup skim milk and 2 splendas. Definitely filled me up for running after a 10 month old who LOVES crawling into everything! :)

Snack: For my first snack, I really wanted to try the Fage 2% with Honey, because everyone LOVES these. My reaction: It was good, but it was SO sweet! I'm going to pick up a couple at Trader Joe's this weekend that have fruit in them, and see if those are better. I also had 1 Babybel Cheese :)

Lunch: I had 2 cups of Arugula with 1/2 chicken breast and 4 tbsp of salsa. I see that I always need more salsa on the salad, and while arugula is good for you, I don't really like the sharp taste. Guess I'll find something else at Trader Joe's this weekend :) I also had a 100 calorie pack of cheese bites :)

Snack: For my second snack, I had 10 Apple Slices, which got me through until dinner-yay :)

Dinner: We went to Wendy's, and as we were in line, I got myfitnesspal open, and saw that my best bet was half a salad, so I got the Baja Salad with no Tortilla Chips or Dressing. I LOVED THIS SALAD! It had pico and chili on top, and I used that as a dressing, and it was amazing! I also had 1 of my brother's chicken nuggets, which was a nice touch :)

Snack 3: We went to Menchie's after dinner, and I got 1/2 cup of the Kiwi Strawberry Sorbet, with a tiny bit of almonds, coconut, and graham cracker crumbs on top-SO GOOD, and under 100 calories! :)

Exercise: I went to the gym and did 25 minutes of strength training, which made me feel AWESOME! I love the way the gym makes me feel-powerful, like I can do anything, and just overall awesome :) Then, I got a quick mile in on the elliptical in under 10 minutes again-YAY :)

Pros: I forgot to mention it on Wednesday, but I picked up my 250 lb reward-my new gym bag! I picked it up at TJ Maxx for $15, and it's supposedly an extra small, but I easily fit 1 pair of shoes, 2 water bottles, 2 sports bras, 2 tank tops, 1 pair of shorts, 2 shirts, socks, and more, with TONS of space :) This bag, I think, makes me more pumped to go to the gym, because I love showing it off-it makes me feel like I definitely fit in to the gym scene :)

Cons: I really need to work on getting more gym time in, and so I'll work on that this weekend, along with everything else I need to do.

Hoping for a great tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment