Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18th

Okay, well I'll start by saying I had an AMAZING day (sorta) and accomplished both of the things I wanted to do for the week-yay!

Breakfast: Same as yesterday, 1 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk and 1 banana with 1 cup of coffee with 1/4 cup almond milk and 2 splendas.

Snack: 31 TJ's Gorgonzola Crackers with 2 tbsp TJ's Original Hummus (can't you see how much I LOVE TJ's now? haha)

Lunch: I wanted to have a salad with salsa and mushrooms, but the lettuce didn't seem good, so I had my burger patty with mustard, 1/2 burnt Grilled Cheese sandwich, and 10 apple slices. Not the healthiest lunch, but it works :)

Snack: Around 4 I had a Luna Bar-Chocolate Dipped Coconut, because I knew I couldn't wait until dinner. It was AMAZING :)

Dinner: We went to Boston Market for dinner, or rather, I picked it up :) I had 2 medium slices of Turkey Breast, 1 Cornbread, some of the Dill New Potatoes, and some of the steamed vegetables. Really Filling :) We had also gotten Creamed Spinach, Sweet Potato Casserole, Macaroni & Cheese, and Green Beans as sides, but I didn't really want those/was already full (green beans).

Exercise: I went to the gym in the early afternoon because I got off work early and BOY did I get in a GREAT workout! I first did 30 minutes of strength training, including stretching, planking, jump rope, kettleballs, and different machines. I started sweating VERY quickly-a good sign :) Then I got on the Elliptical and hit level 11 for 35 minutes and burned 463 calories while going 3.45 miles. That's the best I've done yet (mile wise) and I couldn't be happier :) Then I did ANOTHER 15 minutes of strength training after my elliptical and I was SO tired after!

Pros: I'm SO SO happy I got to the gym today and got in some MAJOR workout time! I really needed it and I felt better and stronger as a result :) I'm also glad that I drank, get ready for it, 19 GLASSES OF WATER TODAY! Usually I drink around 12, but I made sure to just keep drinking during my workout and throughout the evening, and it definitely paid off :)

Cons: I wish I could have been better with eating today, but I've realized I enjoy my snacks a LOT more, so I may just have more fruits and veggies, in snack portions for meals...we'll see :) I also had this HUGE problem with my phone today. I went to the gym, and as always, I leave it in my gym bag, turned off, while I'm working out. Well, I noticed it was taking quite some time to turn back on after (I had finished getting changed before realizing), only to discover that it's just not turning on period. WTF? Thank goodness I have a new one on it's way and only have to deal with this for a little longer. But still, I have quite a few people calling me this week that I need to be able to talk to-like the doctor regarding my biopsy and the guy telling me when my phone's there. Oh well...

Hoping for another fabulous day tomorrow, without the phone issues! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment