Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6th

So, today went pretty well-better than yesterday, and full of new ideas. I'm not going to go into anything in detail tonight because I have an appointment tomorrow morning, which I'm pretty excited to go to. I haven't been to this doctor in 6 months, and she's never seen me below 270, so this is really exciting :)

Breakfast: I felt sick to my stomach this morning, and for the rest of the day, so don't judge me too much for my eating choices, or lackthereof. I had 1 cup of coffee with 1/4 cup skim milk and 2 splendas, 1/3 banana, and 1 Luna Bar-Vanilla Almond flavor. I like how I'm incorporating Luna Bars into meals, and not just as a treat for going to the gym.

Lunch: I had 1/2 of a Trader Joe's Butter Chicken Frozen Dish. Usually I'm not a fan of frozen dishes, because I think they have too much bad stuff in them, but I LOVE butter chicken, and this is made REALLY well. We also went to Menchie's, a frozen yogurt place, and I had 1 serving of Mango Tango Sorbet (80 calories-WIN!), with 1/2 tablespoon coconut, walnuts, graham cracker crumbs, 1 strawberry, 2 raspberries, and a hint of cinnamon. It was SO good, and it doesn't seem to be high in calories.

Dinner: I had the other 1/2 of the Butter Chicken, which was SO good. I'm hoping to figure out how to make it on my own, with hopefully less calories and more organic ingredients before I head back to school :) After my workout, I had 10 Apple Slices and 1 Luna Bar-Smores flavor.

Exercise: I swam for about 40 minutes in the pool today, and went to the gym and worked out for an hour. I got on the Elliptical, hit level 10, and went for 35 minutes to burn 454 calories and go 3.1 miles. HECK YES FOR THE 5K ON THE ELLIPTICAL! NSV for sure :) I also got on a bunch of machines and did some weights, and felt pretty darn good :)

Pros: Okay, this first one could be an NSV as well, but whatever, it's a pro :) The diving board at the pool that the girl I nanny is a member off says on the side "Weight Limit: 250 pounds". Now that I think about it, that could be the sign that made me want to lose weight. But regardless, I vowed at the beginning of summer that I would be able to jump off by the end of the summer, thinking I'd celebrate by jumping off the last day. But, when I got on the scale this morning, I was below 250 (I can't tell you what because it's not WI day), and certainly celebrated by jumping off the board, numerous times. Celebrating that got me to thinking what else I can do now that I'm under that dreaded 250, which is quite a few things :) Another Pro is the 5k on the elliptical-my first one! And I also didn't go overboard with stuff today when I didn't feel well. I did get a treat, but I made sure it was what I wanted and I kept the calories down :)

Cons: Honestly, I don't think I have any today. I wish I could have had more water, but I set myself to some high standards so I'm not too worried about that :)

Hoping for a GREAT tomorrow (including the doctor's visit) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment