Saturday, September 17, 2011

September 14th

So today went pretty well-probably because I had lots of time to catch up on work and write the essay that was due on Thursday!

Breakfast: I woke up early this morning and made Whole-Wheat French Toast for my roommate and I :)  I basically just used two eggs and 1/2 cup skim milk and then dipped pieces of the bread into it and then into the pan.  I ate one piece with 2 diced strawberries on top, and there was a little cinnamon in there too-YUMMY!  I also had 1 cup of coffee with 2 splendas and 1/4 cup skim milk :)  That put a smile on my face for the day.

Lunch:  I got lunch at a local restaurant with a friend of mine, and while it was kinda strange for multiple reasons, the food was good!  I had the Southwest Cobb Salad-Lunch portion, and it was so light and good!  I ate the whole thing (I took half of it back to my room and ate it shortly after) :)

Dinner: After my roommate and I went to the gym, we decided to cook dinner in our room.  We had some ground beef in the fridge so we cooked that up-I made burger patties and she cooked up some frozen peas and carrots and it was REALLY GOOD :)  I loved the simplicity and how good it was :)

Snacks:  I had 1/8 cup of Creme Brulee ice cream. It amazes me how long it takes me now to eat a thing of ice cream. I guess that's a benefit of doing well so far! :)  I also had 4 tbsp. of Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter-do you see why I need to get rid of peanut/hazelnut butter in my room? :)

Exercise:  My roommate and I went to the gym during my paper break, and I did 30 minutes of strength training because after the mexican food yesterday, my stomach probably could not have handled any cardio.  My best guy friend went running last night and it didn't end pretty-let's leave it at that.  And I found the rest of the machines at the gym for strength training-YAY!

Pros: Yay for exercising during a stressful schoolwork day and yay for eating so well! :)

Cons: I need to get rid of these sugary snacks-they don't make me feel good about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment